Where I come frome
AI & Robotics Engineer
4i, Seville, Spain 2020.12 – present
As an AI researcher, I am the team leader in the study of knowledge representation and reasoning enhanced
capabilities bioinspired in neuroscience. We develop a cooperative multi-agent reinforcement learning system
communicated via attention. Currently working on the first publication and preliminary characterization
As a robotics engineer, I am part of an international consortium for projects of Honda Research
Institute. We implement and deploy robot-human interaction capabilities, including computer vision, natural language processing, and behavior control.
Robotics, Vision And Control Group, Seville, Spain 2017.9 – 2020.4
– Participation in IDRON project focused on providing a fully-autonomous UAV with capabilities to explore and inspect confined spaces using only onboard sensors and processors for mapping, localization and decision-making. Research on Machine Learning algorithms for safe drone navigation and task development. Use of behavior tree for mission state management.
– Design, management and control of real cooperative missions of aerial robots for participation in the European GAUSS and SAFEDRONE projects aimed at the development of services for Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Traffic Management (UTM) airspace management. Use of ROS-MAGNA, a decentralized system based on state machines for definition and control of multi UAV missions. Creation of scenario modelling tool for spatial information modelling.
– Contribution to the development of an abstraction layer in C++ for fixed-wing UAVs employing the Mavlink protocol using the MavROS library.
– Part of the design team and definition of the framework of the UTM provider.
Automation & Robotics Department at CATEC, Seville, Spain 2014.8 – 2015.2
– European Robotics Challenges (EUROC): Generation of trajectories for transport, collision avoidance, cooperation and riveting with a 6-degree robotic arm of freedom using Kinect and stereo cameras. Treatment of point clouds for gestural recognition. Simulation in ROS, GAZEBO and implementation in C++.
– Engine installation and the composition of its control in position (SIMVA project). Creation of CATIA parts, not only for prototyping but also for their 3D printing (projects DIANA and ARCAS for Airbus).
Domonova, Seville, Spain 2017.6 – 2018.9
Design, programming and installation of domotic systems.
University Of Parma, Parma, Italy 2016.2 – 2016.7
Laser treatment on the surface of ceramic materials to change rugosity for the dental industry by controlling parameters like power, frequency, speed, pattern, etc. As well as doing different measures required with a microscope, roughness meter and temperature sensor.
3D design Engineer
Isbitech (Startup), Seville, Spain 2015.4 – 2016.1
3D designing and printing of a device for neuroimaging, based on the reception of cerebral activity by electroencephalography.
Red Cross, Seville 2019.7 – present
Local humain aid
Industrial Engineering, mention in Automation and Robotics
University Of Seville, Spain 2010.10 – 2019.6
- Master of Science.
- Bachelor of Science.
Online courses 2017.1 – present
- Kaggle Learn (all)
Online resources 2019.2 – present
- Deep Reinforcement Learning Nanodegree (Udacity)
- Reinforcement Learning: An Introduction (2nd Edition)
- David Silver lectures
- Arthur Juliani Medium course
Future Leaders MBA
ThePowerMBA (online) 2020.7 – present
Master of Science: Development of Unmanned Air Systems
International University Of Andalusia, Seville, Spain 2015.9 – 2016.12
Red Cross volunteers formation
Seville and online 2019.8 – present
- Programming languages:
- Strong: Python, C++
- Machine Learning with Tensorflow, Keras and PyTorch. Data manipulation and analysis.
- ROS and libraries.
- MATLAB and Simulink.
- 3D design and print.
- Domotic solutions: KNX and openHAB
- Micro-controller programming: RaspberryPi, Arduino and Texas Instrument.
- Domotic technologies.
- Web editing with WordPress and hosting
- Mobile applications
- Problem-solving and decision making on multidiscipline
- Leadership and project management
- Working independently and with a team.
- Millan-Romera, J. A.; Perez-Leon, H.; Castillejo-Calle, A.; Maza, I. and Ollero, A. ROS-MAGNA, a ROS-based framework for the definition and management of multi-UAS cooperative missions. In 2019 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS), pages 1477-1486, IEEE, 2019.
- J. A. Millan-Romera, J. J. Acevedo, Á. R. Castaño, H. Perez-Leon, C. Capitán and A. Ollero, “A UTM simulator based on ROS and Gazebo” In 2019 Workshop on Research, Education and Development of Unmanned Aerial Systems (RED UAS), pages 132-141, IEEE, 2019.
- Castillejo-Calle, A.; Millan-Romera, J. A.; Perez-Leon, H.; Andrade-Pineda, J. L.; Maza, I. and Ollero, A. A multi-UAS system for the inspection of photovoltaic plants based on the ROS-MAGNA framework. In 2019 Workshop on Research, Education and Development of Unmanned Aerial Systems (RED UAS), pages 266-270, IEEE, 2019
- H. Perez-Leon, J. J. Acevedo, J. A. Millan-Romera, A. Castillejo-Calle, I. Maza, and A. Ollero, “An aerial robot path follower based on the ’carrot chasing’ algorithm,” in Fourth Iberian Robotics Conference, Researchgate, 2019.
- Spanish (native)
- English (C1)
- Italian (B2)
- French (basic)